8 essential wardrobe pieces every girl should own
We are smack bang in the middle of a glorious Spring Summer season in Australia and that means it’s the perfect time to refresh your wardrobe.
As you get older you realise that trends in fashion can fade very quickly, and therefore it pays to invest in timeless pieces that can be mixed and matched to your heart’s content, knowing they’ll never let you down in the style stakes.
Think classic cuts, colours and designs. The idea is to give yourself a solid foundation from which you can build your style around each season. Your wardrobe essentials will be there as a starting point, and then you can style them up or down depending on the occasion and how daring you’re feeling. The great thing about building your wardrobe around a few key items is that it means you can still follow the trends, but not be a slave to them.
And of course there are always different styles to suit different budgets and body shapes, even when it comes to wardrobe staples, so don’t think that you need to have the same kind of skinny jeans as the next girl. You can still embrace your own individuality and sense of style, even when it comes to streamlining your wardrobe.
- A classic white shirt
- A pair of boyfriend jeans
- A Breton (striped) top
- A pair of denim cut off shorts
- A classic white blazer
- A pair of skinny, ripped jeans
- A white lace dress
- A denim shirt
The only things I would add to their list are a few pairs of shoes, just because I’m a footwear fiend. Although I don’t know how I’d get my ‘essential’ list down to just 8… Tan flat sandals; black flat sandals; white trainers; hi-top trainers; black ankle boots; black knee high boots; tan knee high boots; black strappy heels; nude heels; ballet flats; thongs… ok, maybe I’ll stick to streamlining my clothes for now.
What would your 8 wardrobe essentials be???
A CLASSIC WHITE SHIRT, from left:
A PAIR OF BOYFRIEND JEANS, from left:
- Brianna Light Blue Extreme Ripped Boyfriend Jeans from BOOHOO – $50.00
- Nilah Ripped Boyfriend Jeans from BOOHOO – $50.00
A BRETON (STRIPED) TOP, from left:
A PAIR OF DENIM CUT OFF SHORTS, from left:
- Mary Extreme Distressed High Cut Denim Hotpants from BOOHOO – $30.00
- Kaylie Light Wash Denim Hotpants from BOOHOO – $24.00
A CLASSIC WHITE BLAZER, from left:
- Suki Ponte Boyfriend Blazer from BOOHOO – $36.00
- Tania Zip Pocket Waterfall Blazer from BOOHOO – $56.00
A PAIR OF SKINNY, RIPPED JEANS, from left:
- Helen Super Ice Wash Skinny Mid Rise Jeans from BOOHOO – $30.00
- Izzie Open Knee Skinny Rigid Jeans from BOOHOO – $50.00
- Loren Ripped Knee Black Skinny Jeans from BOOHOO – $50.00
A WHITE LACE DRESS, from left:
- Maddie Flower Lace Long Sleeve Smock Dress from BOOHOO – $50.00
- Alessandra Angel Sleeve Lace Skater Dress from BOOHOO – $20.00
A DENIM SHIRT, from left:
- Fiona Acid Wash Oversized Denim Shirt from BOOHOO – $40.00
- India Acid Wash Open Shoulder Blouse from BOOHOO – $40.00
Need more ideas for sprucing up your spring / summer wardrobe, take a look at our post – Where to find the best maxi dresses for spring.