Aussie Investments for Winter
We read Kirsten Galliott’s Editor’s Note in the April edition of InStyle Magazine and couldn’t agree more with her approach to fashion, shopping and spending.
We all shop for fashion in different ways.
Maybe you like to stretch your budget over lots of lower priced items, or perhaps you prefer to buy fewer, higher-end pieces, or maybe you do a bit of both?
Regardless of your spending habits, there will most likely come a time (each season/year/millennia) when you are in the market for a solid investment piece. It could be for a special occasion, or maybe you just got your tax return back, or you just feel like treating yourself.
The good news is, if you’re looking to invest right now then we’ve found some gorgeous pieces from Australian designers that will pay immediate dividends and keep the returns coming year after year. These are high-quality, high-impact garments, and all from our local talent.
Personally, when it comes to high-end investments for our wardrobe, it’s all about the jackets and the boots…
What and who do you like to invest in?
THE WINTER INVESTMENT DRESS, clockwise from top left:
- Take My Heart Dress from TALULAH – $220.00
- High Jinx Dress from MANNING CARTELL – $549.00
- Silk Ray Dress from ZIMMERMANN – $350.00
- Sheer Panel Dress from KJ BY KIRRILY JOHNSTON – $420.00
THE WINTER INVESTMENT TOP, clockwise from top left:
- How Far Tee by Sass & Bide from THE ICONIC – $180.00
- Bordeaux Tunic by Ixiah from THE GRAND SOCIAL – $289.95
- Machine Dreams Top from LIFEWITHBIRD – $165.00
- Carillo Sweater from JAC + JACK – $449.00
THE WINTER INVESTMENT PANT, from left to right:
THE WINTER INVESTMENT PANT continued, from left to right:
THE WINTER INVESTMENT JACKET, clockwise from top left:
- In Nickel And Bronze Peplum Jacket from MANNING CARTELL – $649.00
- Diagonal Zip Jacket from WILLOW – $750.00
- Leopard Twiggy Jacket from SHAKUHACHI (Pre-Order) – $590.00
- Black Cherry Wool Cosmic Cape Jacket from BIANCA SPENDER – $750.00
THE WINTER INVESTMENT SHOE, clockwise from top left:
- Riding Boots from ZIMMERMANN – $495.00
- Hutton Boots Leopard from FRIEND OF MINE – $398.00
- Hardy Oxfords by Tom Gunn from JASU – $319.00
- Boy Oxfords in white from HABBOT – $390.00
Apart from separating with your hard-earned money, the hardest part of ‘investment’ shopping is settling on just one piece… but then it’s never wise to put all your eggs in one basket, much better to diversify!
If you’re looking for more affordable winter clothes, take a look at this SOS shopping list.
What was the last thing you purchased for your wardrobe?