Festival fashion for over 30′s
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_widget' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 769
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_widget' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 771
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_title' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 773
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_title' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 775
The Byron Bay Bluesfest is happening over the Easter weekend, so we were inspired to find some age-appropriate, practical and stylish festival wear for women in their thirties. Because really, a pair of short shorts and a string bikini just ain’t gonna cut it.
Choosing festival clothes can be frustrating. There’s usually some part of you that wants to look good (even if you end up rained on, sweaty and covered in mud), so you need clothes that make you feel great, but aren’t so ‘good’ that if they get ruined you’re going to care.
In essence, you want cool clothes, that cover your bits and don’t cost a fortune.
A few tips from our personal Ladies’ Festival Handbook:
- You’ll probably be hot during the day and cold at night – so pack leggings to put on under a dress or shorts once it gets cooler, or a light cardigan/jacket that you can crumple up in your bag or tie around your waist – nothing too bulky or you’ll want to throw it away within the first hour.
- Shorts with pockets are great and they let you sit on the ground with dignity.
- A playsuit, while cute does NOT work for frequent bathroom visits – save yourself the pain.
- Use a crossbody bag – you need your arms free to dance!
- Pack tissues – those port-a-loos run out quick smart.
- If you have room in your bag, and the weather looks ominous, pack a disposable poncho.
- Don’t wear thongs, whatever you do. You’ll lose them in the mud or as soon as you start dancing. Go for sandals if you must, but closed toes are better – wellies, boots or trainers are best.
- If you’re in your thirties a good bra is a must – you need to support the girls if you’re jumping around.
- Only wear jeans if it’s cold during the day, or you’re not much of a dancer, otherwise you’ll just overheat.
Whether your festival style is relaxed and cool like Kate Bosworth, rock chick a la Mossy or boho babe like Isabelle Lucas, we’ve pulled together a few looks that we can only hope will get you straight to the front of the drinks line and the toilet queue!
BOHO BABE, clockwise from the left:
- O’Neil Take It Easy Dress from SURF STITCH – $69.99
- ASOS Blanket Cardigan With Fringe Detail from ASOS – $71.75
- ASOS Accomplice Leather Western Ankle Boot from ASOS – $70.16
- Buckled Faux Leather Crossbody from FOREVER 21 – $15.80
- Quay Eyewear CO_BA Sunglasses from THE ICONIC – $39.95
PREPPY COOL, clockwise from the left:
- Les Prairies de Paris Pineapple Tee from ASOS – $108.43
- Vero Moda Ombre Leopard Sweat Top from ASOS – $47.84
- Caslon Clean Front 5 Inch Shorts from NORDSTROM – $43.21
- Adidas Neo Vineo Casual White from STYLE TREAD – $60.00
SPORTY CHIC, clockwise from the left:
- Roxy Angel Town Dress from SURFSTITCH – $79.99
- Billabong Sunset Blues Leggings from SURFSTITCH – $49.99
- Alias Mae Hester Grey Sneakers from STYLE TREAD – $179.95
- Maisie Stud Crossbody Bag from BOOHOO – $30.00
CHICK ROCK, clockwise from left:
- August Street Elena Dress from SURFSTITCH – $36.00
- Nunui Spirit Legging from SURFSTITCH – $49.99
- Washborn Oversized Studded Chambray Shirt from URBAN OUTFITTERS – $118.00
- Kimchi Blue Dotted Tri-Gusset Crossbody Clutch from URBAN OUTFITTERS – $34.00
- Django & Juliette Kozee Boots from THE ICONIC – $199.95
WILD(LIFE) WOMAN, clockwise from left:
- Glamorous Oversize T-Shirt in Aztec Print from ASOS – $31.89
- ASOS Panda Jumper from ASOS – $47.84
- Essential Chambray Shorts from FOREVER 21 – $15.80
- Hunter Original Short Black Gloss Wellington Boots from ASOS – $110.02
- Zoda Embroidered Tassel Cross Body Satchel from THE ICONIC – $36.00
REAL ROCK N ROLLER, clockwise from left:
- ASOS Singlet with Lightning Leopard from ASOS – $25.51
- ASOS Cocoon Parker from ASOS – $92.48
- Hurley 81 Rinse 9 Walk Short from SURF STITCH – $79.99
- Windsor Smith Paradise Nude from STYLE TREAD – $64.90
MAXI LOVER, clockwise from left:
- August Street Frankie Dress from SURF STITCH – $95.99
- ASOS Leather Jacket With Belt from ASOS – $167.42
- KG Mobster Leather Black Studded Sandal from ASOS – $127.56
- Pieces Noleta Crossbody Bag from ASOS – $25.51
We had so much fun finding these festival clothes and accessories. Going to big events gives you free reign to experiment and be louder and bolder with your fashion choices. You need to stand out amongst the crowd, and besides with that many people what are the chances of running into someone important?…
And remember, send us your shopping queries and we’ll put together a personal list just for you!