How to not get ripped off when shopping online for clothes
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_widget' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 769
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_widget' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 771
Warning: Illegal string offset 'before_title' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 773
Warning: Illegal string offset 'after_title' in /home/stateofs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mycustomwidget/my_custom_widget_functions.php on line 775
BY KEELY SONNTAG
THIS IS AN EXCERPT TAKEN FROM OUR GUIDEBOOK – TOP 100 ONLINE CLOTHES STORES
There are thousands, maybe millions of stores online, which means the possibilities are endless when it comes to spending. With this in mind, we thought it was important to include a section about setting the right expectations and knowing what traps to avoid when it comes to shopping online. Like most things in life – on the internet you get what you pay for.
There are so many great deals and cheap products online it would be easy to go shopping mad. However, our suggestion is to do your homework and make sure you know what you’re buying every time. Personally, we prefer to buy recognisable brands or shop on websites we know sell quality products and offer good service. Of course, we have and will continue to buy cheaper items from unknown sellers, but when we do we research as much as possible and lower our expectations. You can’t expect Chanel quality when all you’ve paid for is a cheap imitation at best.
There are other ways you can avoid disappointments when shopping online:
- Make sure you can find email, phone and address details on the store’s website. It’s a little suspicious if they’re an unrecognisable company who don’t make it easy to contact them.
- Know which country your order is coming from. If it’s a large First World country with well-established trade, transport and economic systems in place, then you’re less likely to have a bad shopping experience.
- If you’re unsure about anything, simply call the store before you purchase and ask them about their customer service policies.
- Search for reviews of the store online. Other shoppers will be able to tell you if they’re legitimate and worth visiting or not.
- Be aware of any strange bugs, protocols or language on their website, particularly when you get to their checkout. If the kind of information they’re asking for seems out of the ordinary, or the system keeps crashing, or their English copy doesn’t read well, or their checkout seems off, then it might be worth doing more research on the store.
- If after all these checks there is still doubt in your mind, it’s best not to shop there at all. Stick to shopping well-known stores, like the ones listed in the STATE OF SHOP Top 100.
And just in case you were in the market for a new skirt this spring, we’ve found some beauties, all from Top 100 Stores you can trust to deliver your package, or give you a refund if you’re not happy with your purchase…