SHOP AND TELL: First time buying from BEGINNING BOUTIQUE
Shopped by Keely…
It’s been just over a week since the STATE OF SHOP team was reunited on home soil. For those of you who don’t know, Cathy and I experienced a temporary ‘separation’ when I skipped off to Thailand for five weeks, but now I’m back and shopping more than ever!
After a five-week hiatus from making any online purchases (although I still managed A LOT of browsing), I jumped straight back into it and my first stop was BEGINNING BOUTIQUE.
It was the first time either of us had shopped at this Aussie store, although I’ve often browsed their website, and whenever we’ve posted any of their items on STATE OF SHOP you guys have always responded with overwhelming positivity.
So… I went to BEGINNING BOUTIQUE to find some affordable, casual street wear that would work in both winter and summer, and would travel well… (BREAKING NEWS: there’s another STATE OF SHOP trip in the pipeline, but more on that in the coming weeks)
All in all it was a fantastic shopping experience. Here’s the break down…
Dresses are my favourite kind of clothes to buy – they’re so versatile for all seasons, so I took two from BEGINNING BOUTIQUE, with a pair of leggings and some very cool jewellery.
Items pictured below from the BEGINNING BOUTIQUE website, clockwise from left:
- Synthesiser Leggings – $29.00
- Staple The Label Psychic Zebra Shift Dress – was $85.00, now $59.00
- At the time of writing this dress had sold out, so you might want to try this one instead - Staple The Label Negative Floral Shift Dress – $85.00
- Rope Me In Necklace in neon orange – $35.00
- LJC Designs Pineapple Ring – $31.90
- Ombre Dress Lilac – $39.00
- The website is so easy to use – the actual order process is so simple. From start to finish you can literally finalise your purchase in just a few minutes – even seconds if you can type fast!
- Great range of REALLY affordable street wear, including well-known brands.
- Free express delivery – I placed my order on a Monday night, it was delivered by that Thursday, and it didn’t cost a cent!
- I LOVE that the available sizes are listed with the preview image for every item.
- There are lots of images of each item from different angles, and on real models.
- My order was wrapped beautifully in tissue paper and accompanied with a handwritten thank you note – it’s the little things that make the difference!
I’m happy to say, nothing of significance…
- The only thing I noticed is that the e-commerce side of the website has recently been updated and it looks like the ‘wish list’ function has been removed – I’d love to see this brought back.
- Also, there is no ‘review’ facility on the website. Reading reviews from other shoppers is really helpful when it comes to sizing and deciding what to buy… it would be great to see this in the future.
THE WRAP UP
I’m so happy with my purchases! What a way to ease back into online shopping…
- The Ombre Dress is stunning, especially for the price. As soon as I put it on it made me feel like running through a field of long grass with a daisy chain in my hair. I bought a Medium and it’s a little big, but not enough that it needed to be returned. This will get a lot of wear in summer, and in autumn with leggings and a jacket. You could maybe size down with this one.
- The Psychic Zebra Shift Dress is also a Medium and very roomy, but that’s the style of dress. It goes perfectly with or without leggings.
- The Synthesiser Leggings are a little short for my long legs, but I’m used to that with most pants I buy. I’ll still wear them, especially with tall boots. They’re comfortable and have a unique shiny finish.
- Both the Pineapple Ring and the Rope Necklace are big winners in my book! They now take pride of place in my jewellery collection. They’re exactly as they appear on the website. The rope necklace is big and bright and will bring any outfit to life and the pineapple ring is just sublime.
As far as online stores go, BEGINNING BOUTIQUE is one of the easiest I’ve shopped at. You don’t need to jump through any strange hoops to make your purchase, just pick, click and buy.
I’ll definitely be back.
- Valeria Grossi Rilka Boots from STYLETREAD – $189.95
- Tony Bianco Petra Boots from STYLETREAD – $249.95
- None The Richer Wild Thing Necklace from BEGINNING BOUTIQUE – $89.90
Have you shopped somewhere amazing recently? Tell us about it!